Nowadays, It is more important to get every information corrected on the Aadhar card. It is because of not only the Aadhar card is one of the essential required documents by every citizen of India, but also attached to many other things like bank accounts, mobile number and with the pan card. Check simple steps on how to update the Aadhar card below.
Therefore, It is essential to update our Aadhar card from time to time along with specific changes. Nowadays, UIDAI made it simple for the people to update or correct their Aadhar card address online. It means, if you want to update or change your address in the card then it would be even more simple than before. In this article, we have added the correct procedure to update or change the address in the Aadhar card.
How to Update the Address in Aadhar Card?
You can not only update the address in the aadhar card but also the other information like name, date of birth and other things. You can follow the steps below for aadhar card correction.
- First, you need to visit the aadhar self-service update portal. You can visit the self-service update portal from here https://uidai.gov.in/
- Now, go through the “update address option” (If you have valid address proof) If you do not have a valid address proof then you can request for “address validation letter” from the options.
- In the new window, you need to enter the secure 12-digit unique identification aadhar card number.
- Enter the text given in the captcha code and click on send OTP.
- Enter the OTP that you will receive in the registered mobile number.
- Click on submit.
- Once you logged in to your aadhar account, tick on the update address option.
- Enter the correct address which is mentioned in the proof you are having for the residential address.
- Scan the document and upload it on the UIDAI secure portal.
- Click on the submit button. That’s it.
- You can check out the status of your aadhar card after 24 hours.
How to Change the Address in Aadhar Card without any Valid Document?
Many people do not have the right document to prove their original residential address. That is the reason, UIDAI even made it simpler for those people who do not have a valid document. They now can request for address verification letter online to update or change aadhar card address online.
The process consists of three steps.
- Application from the applicant.
- Approval from the verifier.
- Final submission from the applicant.
- Application from the applicant
- Visit the UIDAI self-service update portal.
- Click on the “Update your address online” button.
- On the next screen, click on the option to “request address validation letter”.
- Enter the aadhar card number and verify using the OTP.
- Now, enter the aadhar card number of the verifier.
- Now, the request will be submitted and SMS will be sent to the verified mobile number.
- Approval from the verifier
- Verifier will receive a link and OTP to approve the submission of the applicant.
- They need to enter the OTP along with their aadhar card number to verify the applicant’s application.
- Final submission from the applicant
- Once the verifier approves the applicant’s request. An SMS will be sent containing SRN number.
- The applicant needs to mention the SRN number on UIDAI ssup portal.
- That’s it.
Here we come at the end. I already mentioned earlier that how important is to update the aadhar card address. Nowadays, UIDAI even made it simple for the people as they can now update their aadhar card address online. In this article, I have added both of the processes to change the address in the aadhar card. You can check it out and do let us know in the comments section if there is anything left to ask.