We all know about the EPF, and I hope you have come across this article after knowing what exactly the EPF is? Well, EPF stands for employee provident fund. It is the scheme conducted by the government to provide the pension or in terms of funds after retirement. It also acts as a savings tool for the employees. However, most people want to check their EPF account balance regularly. It is also a good practice to keep themself updated. In this article, I am going to mention four different methods to check EPF balance. Let’s have a look.
How to Check the EPF Balance?
It is not a big deal to check the balance of the EPF account. You can quickly check out the balance if your mobile number is registered with your EPF account and linked with your UAN number. However, Let’s check out the four different methods for checking EPF balance.
- EPFO Portal
- Missed call
- EPFO app
#1 EPFO Portal:
For using this process, the employee has to be sure that he/she has activated the UAN number linked to a particular EPF account. If yes, then follow the steps I have mentioned below.
- First, you need to visit the EPFO portal. You can do this by clicking here: http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/For_Employees.php?id=sm2_index
- After that, log on to the EPFO portal.
- Go to the tab services and click on our employee’s option.
- Now, find out the member passbook option under the option services.
- A login page will appear. You need to enter the UAN number and the password on the screen.
- After login. You will be able to check the balance of your provident fund account.
You need to make sure that your mobile number is linked with your EPF account before using SMS service for getting account information.
- Send an SMS to mobile number 7738299899.
- You need to send the message as EPFOHO UAN ENG.
You need to set the preferred communication language first. Once the language is placed on the system, you will receive the details of your PF account via SMS in a specific language.
#3 Missed Call:
The missed call balance checking service can be only used by the person who has registered their phone number with EPF account and UAN number. If you already have done this, then you can follow the steps I have mentioned below.
- First, give a missed call on this number 011-22901406.
- Post call disconnection, you will receive an SMS containing the EPF balance details.
#4 EPFO App to Check EPF Balance:
The last method to check your EPF balance online is via downloading and registering on the EPFO app.
- Download the M-Seva app from the play store.
- Register or login using your UAN number and password.
- Click on balance and then passbook for the balance details.
Read More – Kotak Mahindra Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rates
This is our article for checking EPF balance online. In this article, we have mentioned four online processes for monitoring the provident fund balance. As I mentioned earlier, how it is essential to check balance regularly. If there is any issue or problem while following any of the methods discussed above, then comment it down below. We will try to provide an appropriate answer as a solution.